Most runners will reach when daylight is already broken, and you can have a breathtaking view of the blue mountains from that height. Some early runners can even witness the sun rising from the plains, and on a clear day, one can even see the Ooty town, the lake, and the racecourse.
After the 10 km, you will run down, reach the four roads junction, and run towards Kothagiri. At 15 km, you will reach the Tea Garden; this is the finish point for all categories. After the fuel reloads, you will get out of the Tea Park and get to the 15km section. Follow the route markers on the roads/road intersections carefully.
From 15k to 30k is a loop of 15k with steep downhill sections and an uphill section to get back to the Tea Park, where you will find an adequately stocked fuel station to recharge before heading out to finish the last 30 km section, which will be a non-repeating section.
Distance accuracy: The 60k distance is approximate with a +/- 1 km due to variations in the measurements approach vs GPS device accuracy.
- Must be 18 years old (born on or before 1-Apr-2005).
- Must be physically/medically fit and healthy
- Must have completed minimum a Full Marathon within 5 hrs 50 min. You are qualified to apply if you have completed any Ultramarathon within the OOTYULTRA Qualification Window.
- Read the FAQ & Race Rules pages carefully to undersatnd the Qualification Window period for this edition of OOTYULTRA.
- Your qualification race must have been completed and submitted to us within the qualification window